A couple weeks ago, I watched Brice de Nice, a movie that all of last year, there were a bunch of ads on the TV about this movie, and afterwards, lots of ads for getting ringtones from clips and songs from the movie.I’m almost positive that this movie didn’t get to Canada, but it’s quite easy to sum up the storyline. There’s this guy, named Brice...and he’s from Nice. He’s a surfer dude, and that’s about it. He has long blonde hair that falls in front of his face and needs to fling his head back every so often to get the hair out of his way, but not completely getting it out of his face.
I was scared that I wouldn’t understand the movie since it was all in French (okay, I guess this was the first movie that I’d seen all in French before Joyeux Noel), but there were French subtitles if I needed them. I’m proud of myself though. I knew what was happening, and even though there was some slang, I did okay. I guess the language level was a lot lower than in Joyeux Noel (or that my reading skills really helped), because I felt a little bit more overwhelmed watching Joyeux Noel.
This movie is par to Dude Where’s My Car. Not a classic movie by any means. It’s really light, ridiculously silly, and I wouldn’t watch it again. It was funny to say that I’ve seen it before (after all the hype from last year), and that I had another opportunity to practice my French skills.
Anyway, if you want to watch a really pointless movie in French, with a funny musical number, watch Brice de Nice. It’s a good laugh.
-picture courtesy of www.bricedenice.com
No comments:
Post a Comment