Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Leysin (July 14th, 2007)

Exactly 10 years ago I was at the same place at the same time. I wanted to wait until the perfect moment in my Neuch experience to go back. To go back to where it all began. Just a couple weeks before the experience would be ending seemed the most fitting. Closure.
I wasn't sure how I would feel about being there. I wasn't even sure if I knew how to get there. I wasn't sure if it would look the same.




As soon as I got off the train at Aigle to make my connection...I knew. It all...it was just there. The rest of the day was like this bizarre re-awakening. Unbelievable.
The signs...the cog train...the view...the paths through the woods...the Co-op where I
sampled my first chocolate bars and chuckled to myself that the "Swiss Alpina" water that we all hated was actually just the Co-op brand of sparkling water...Chalet Fougeres, and although I don't think they still have the same program, I just wondered who the guests staying there were.
Some things, you just can't put into words.

No comments: