I was out of town last weekend and had an amazing time (I'll be posting about my trip in due course). It was so good that I managed to sprain my ankle. With all of the activities, sports and shenanigans that I've subjected myself to in my lifetime, I'm surprised that I haven't injured myself more often.
Anyway, the injury didn't happen at the best time as I couldn't hit the dance floor the next night with the same vigour that I would have liked (my foot was so swollen, it was spilling out of my shoes). Nonetheless, it didn't stop me from shoving my swollen ankle into my skates to enjoy the frozen Lake Louise and ski the big mountains that we lack in Ontario. Actually, it might have done my ankle some good being locked in rock solid boots for a little while.
Anyway, I'm recuperating and completely frustrated that I'm forced to stroll at a leisurely pace when I'm trying to catch up on all the work that's been piling up. This one was a pretty bad sprain and I hate to admit it, but maybe it will take a little bit longer to heal because I'm just that wee bit older than the last time I hurt myself. I definitely didn't bruise like this the last time. It's kind of entertaining to look down and see little sausages for toes.
I've been going to a Chinese herbal guy who's been putting that brown pooey gunk on it. I love the smell and it seems to be working its magic. The swelling has gone down and the bruising is not quite as impressive as it was before. It did match my dress quite wonderfully, although I did put makeup on the matching bruised knee to mask the damage.
I'm going to start strengthening exercises to get my ankle back in tip-top shape as soon as possible. There are a couple events coming up for which I want to be in top form.
I had originally posted some pictures of my ankle on here, as I thought they were quite impressive, but have since taken them off because I figured that I'm the only one who really cares about how cool injuries look. I have to remind myself that I'm a little weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment