Nope. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Convoy!!!
Oh yeah, and then soon after they went by, cars started appearing on the Gardiner. Just like that. No more convoys for the next little while. I wonder how they block off the area and what happens to traffic that wants to use the area? Can they wait it out?
At the same time, I noticed that there was a mini-protest at the end of the block on Spadina. I'd seen a couple of them on my way home from my walk this afternoon, but didn't really pay attention to their cause. Something Chinese I imagine with the Chinese flags they carried and signs written in Chinese. My balcony didn't give me a clear line of sight to the group, so I don't exactly know how many of them their were, but I was more confused as to why they chose this particular intersection. A couple minutes after the convoy passed, I saw a different (and mini) convoy (maybe a car or two and off course a team of coppers) drive up Spadina. How do protesters know these things?
I'm tempted to go to the core and see the super protest in action, but I'm pretty happy hanging out on my balcony to get some reading done. More convoys, please!
Update 1: Just learned something else. I should start calling them motorcades instead of convoys.
Update 2: I'm reading the Toronto Star's G20 blog. I know I'm incredibly naive and have too positive of an outlook on things, but I'm glad I'm not at that protest right now. Part of me wants to be there to see what it's like, but part of me is sad that stuff like this happens. No, I don't think that all of the decisions that world leaders make are the right now, but I don't like to acknowledge the conflicts that we have in the world. There are too many people out there that deal with the stuff, I want to be part of the group that tries to look at the good in everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment