I admit it, I find Paris Hilton fascinating. The blonde act doesn't faze me one bit. I think she's a smart entrepreneur. I'm sure that her parents raised her well and with good values - most likely not as focused as Donald Trump would have been on his children, but still with good values.This documentary depicted Paris with this lens. Sure, it showed her extravagant lifestyle but I saw the main message to be that this is one well-put together lady.
When the TIFF08 schedule was first released, this film was to have three screenings. Soon thereafter ticket selections for ticket-package holders occur ed, TIFF released a memo that there would only be one screening of the film "Due to unforeseen circumstances". Whatever that means. Someone who sat behind me at the screening said that they'd heard that Paris had already seen the film and didn't like how she was portrayed and wanted to get the movie taken out of the festival altogether. Who knows if that's true or not.
Paris did show up to the screening anyway. She came in with her entourage including security, Benji Madden, her manager and probably other people that I didn't recognize. Benji wore sunglasses the whole time and had a blank face and Paris smiled, but didn't do anything too exciting. I was disappointed with her outfit and choice of bag (which doesn't even stand out in my mind as to what it looked like - that says a lot).
Before she came in, the auditorium was buzzing. People were getting settled into their seats and chatting with their neighbours. As soon as the doors opened and they entered the room, everyone fell silent. The room remained silent except for a couple muted whispers of the "is that her?" variety. Various types of photography devices appeared out of nowhere, which didn't really surprise me, but I found it amusing. I was disappointed in the people who stood with their back to the stage (as someone was introducing the movie) when everyone else has already sat down to take more pictures of her. I guess everyone has their own way of being fascinated with this lady.
Nothing really interesting to say about the movie. Nothing groundbreaking, just showed the real Paris. Thank goodness, because I don't think I could have handled her fake voice for an hour.
Director Adria Petty was in attendance for the intro and post-film Q&A. Paris (and company) left the room after the credits (although she did seek out Adria to give her a hug) which I would hope was for logistical purposes as opposed to be because she wasn't interested in the Q&A (although, come to think of it, it's nice that the focus of the Q&A was the production and not the subject). The Q&A was pre-scripted - there was no audience participation. Logistics or imposed?!?
FYI, for those who care (probably only me), Adria was wearing Louboutins (black patent pumps) and carrying a Prada clutch (black with that attached wrist thing on the back). She also owns a Goyard, which I've seen more and more around town. Sigh.
Feel free to watch this documentary if you get a chance, but if not, you're not really missing out on anything that you didn't already know.
- picture courtesy of www.tiff08.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment