I think this is it. Last photos from
Zermatt. Sigh.

I've never been to Zermatt when there's been so little snow. Sure it was April, so obviously there wouldn't be any in the town, but for some reason I just couldn't make that connection in my head. Ski town = snow doesn't it?

The matterhorn in all its glory. I love that the background is all snowy and the foreground is lush green. I'm sorry I don't have a picture from 3000m this time around, but only that view shows just how high up you really are. You don't realise it, until you're up at the top looking down.

I'll miss these little buys. Zermatt is completely isolated. There is a train station in the town, but you cannot drive into the place. You have to park your car in a town a little while away and then take the train in. The only "cars" that exist in Zermatt are these little taxis. Electric taxis that motor around and try to run people over. They're so fun.

The town of Zermatt is at 1605.2m above sea level, and the skiing at this time of year was at 2500m at least. Above that, lots of snow. A little sunny and therefore slushy, but the conditions were still really nice.

The church in town. Zermatt's a completely contained, fully functional town. There's a school, church, fire/police department - everything a town needs. There is a really cute cemetery beside this church where climbers have been buried. It's very well done.

The
Gornegrat train. What a beautiful view. The matterhorn in the background. It's the most incredible place. Does Whistler, BC rank?
No comments:
Post a Comment