I'm in Oslo now. It's my last non-Swiss leg of my travels before Canada. It's all a bit sad, but I'll manage. Anyway, here are a couple things that I've noticed so far:
- All children seem to wear Crocs. I think it was kinda big in Canada last year or something, but not at all in Europe. There were a couple places that sold them, but I didn't really see too many people wearing them. For some reason however, Norwegian children love them. Or maybe it's their parents that do and think that somehow they're very child appropriate.
- If you want to visit Scandinavia but don't think you have enough time to hit up the different countries, don't worry. They're really similar. So are a lot of the museums. I've seen plenty of viking paraphernalia and wooden houses to last me a lifetime.
- Denmark was bloody expensive. Finland was bloody expensive. Sweden was bloody expensive. Norway is worse.
- Everyone here seems to speak perfect English. I, on the other hand, do NOT speak perfect Norwegian. I wish I was more talented.
- Water in toilets has a slightly yellow tinge to it. I know why you're thinking, the last person did a number 1 and didn't flush. Not true. It's always yellowish, no matter how many times you try flushing.
- It's getting close to 11pm right now and it's light outside. It must really suck in the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment