Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tour de France 2007 - Prologue

As someone who doesn't really know anything about the Tour de France, I was surprised to learn that it doesn't take place only in France. This year, it started in London, which I realized when I was there and stumbled upon the Prologue.
The part before Stage 1, this would be a timed race that the competitors (seeded) would complete in around 9 or 10 minutes. Each would leave the starting gate in one minute intervals.
Just one thing before a barrage of pictures from the race. I lucked out and found a spot 150m from the finish line (I didn't even line up super early in advance, although a bunch of other people did - I was really lucky) right across from the seats for people associated to sponsors of the event. You'll see that most of the seats were free. I really hate that the die hard fans have to line up really early and sometimes end up with crappy seats when there's a this whole section of seating being wasted on people who don't even care to show up. Reminds me of something...oh yeah, the Olympics! It really isn't fair. These people get the best seats and I don't think that they even deserve them.
Enough of me ranting, here are the pictures...


























No comments: