Again, in Paris...Shrek 3. When it came out in Neuch, it never came VO, so although I thought that I might be able to watch it in French (I was being convinced by my friend that it would be fine, and that it would be a nice way to really test my abilities), but I think that one of the main reasons why you would watch this movie is for the delivery (which I would want to hear the original actors do) and the jokes (which I'm not would get lost in translation - which they did, I couldn't help but following along with the subtitles a little bit...they're so huge, you can't avoid them).I'd kind of forgotten what had happened in Shrek 2 (all I could remember was that Antonio Banderas stole the show), so for the first little while, I was trying to remind myself of what was going on. It didn't take long, however, so it was fine.
The movie itself was ok. Nothing too stand out. There were some funny one liners, that I couldn't help but laugh at, which I felt bad for the people who were only there to read the subtitles, because it definitely didn't get translated properly. I could potentially also see that either the joke didn't make sense in the French culture. It was really related to American lifestyle, trends and slang.
The fact Justin Timberlake's involvement was interesting. I'm too far removed to know if they were still dating when they filmed this (I'm guessing yes), and whether or not the only reason why he was in the movie was because she pulled some string for him. Or maybe this was made so long ago that they met doing voices for the movie (I'm guessing no).
Either way, it was a lighthearted movie. I liked it, but didn't love it.
- picture courtesy of www.shrek.com
No comments:
Post a Comment