The final film that I saw during this year's edition of the TIFF was The Oranges.I suppose my theory that earlier screenings during the festival have a better chance of having Q&As is proving to be true. I'm going to have to keep that in mind for future festivals.
You can read the synopsis of the film here. Anyway, this first was, ummm...okay. It had some funny one-liners and such, but it seems relatively uneventful. It was enjoyable, but I didn't love it. It was cute, but it wasn't groundbreaking. I feel like this film had a lot of potential. From the beginning of the film, just the style of the movie, how the characters spoke and their interactions with one another, even the type of music they used, I thought that it would be similar to Juno.
It was okay, but it just didn't extend itself to the extent that it could be. I don't think this review is doing this film any justice. Which is too bad. It was pretty cute. I'm just tired, I suppose.
- picture courtesy of www.tiff.net
No comments:
Post a Comment