Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trespass

I picked Trespass (official website here) because I'm a sucker for 'heist'-type movies. Well, I was a sucker for picking this movie.
It was horrible.
I never seem to give negative reviews on this blog about anything. I always try to find something good about everything, but I really can't with this one.
It was ridiculous. It was so forced. It was so wacky. It was so frenetic. It was so weird.
During the screening, people were laughing at all the wrong times. I figured everyone else in the screening also didn't like the movie, but then as I was leaving, I heard someone say that they really loved the movie. So then, maybe I thought I was taking the film too literally. As soon as I got home, I actually went online to check whether or not the film was actually supposed to be a parody. When I found some reviews that blasted the movie, I felt better about my judgement of the film.
The crappy part is that I'm sure it's going to get at least a limited release in theatres because of the big names that it has in the film.
There was no one representing the film to introduce the film at the screening or do a Q&A. Too bad, I would have loved to hear what they had to say.
Oh my gosh, I completely do NOT recommend this film.

- picture courtesy of www.tiff.net

No comments: