Thursday, March 27, 2008

Curtains

I love musicals. LOVE them. So, of course while I was in New York, I wanted to take in all that Broadway had to offer. I ended up seeing three different shows, the first being Curtains.
I hardly knew anything about this show other than it was staring David Hyde Pierce and that it had gotten rave reviews. Rave reviews and fun times...I'm there!
Curtains is about a new musical which unfortunately has a horrible leading lady. Luckily the leading lady is mysteriously murdered and the cast reels from shock and relief. David Hyde Pierce plays a detective investigating the murder with a not-so-secret obsession with all thing musical. As the investigation continues the cast of the new musical rework their numbers to create an even bigger and better production for their next showing. More murders and hilarity ensues...
The theatre was packed and I have to admit that I sort of wished there were little tubs of ice cream at intermission like in London, but I had a great time. I laughed a lot that night, and you know what, I needed it. I've had so much going on and all good things and stuff that I love, but I have been running myself ragged.
Anyway, back to the musical - if you want a funny, feel good show Curtains may be the one for you. Only thing you'll have to go before the end of June because Curtains is closing!

- picture courtesy of www.curtainsthemusical.com

No comments: