Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Accident

Accident is a movie where a crew of hitmen create their hits to look like accidents. One of their hits goes wrong and throws the boss of the group into a mental tizzy.
The main reason I liked the movie was because I got to see the hits take place and I thought it was cool to see what kind of accidents they created and the little considerations that they made to make sure that they wouldn't be found out. I enjoyed the whole film and the themes and arc of the movie, although I can't say that it was original or anything really mindblowingly amazing. It was a good movie, but not the best movie I've ever seen.
On hand for the Q&A (through an interpreter) was director Soi Cheang, who did a sufficient job of answering questions posed by the audience. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I really like the Q&As, because as a pretty literal audience member, I like to hear the rationale behind different elements to the film and get a better understanding of the film. I'm pretty sure a lot of things that the directors intend in their films go over my head, so it's nice to have a chance to get a eureka moment (albeit, after the fact).
Sure, I'll recommend this film. Nothing crazy original, but a good, clean, HK flick.

- picture courtesy of www.tiff09.ca

No comments: