Friday, September 18, 2009

Castaway on the Moon

One of my favorite films of the festival that I've seen, Castaway on the Moon is a Korean film that it quite well-written up here.
The film was reminiscent of Cast Away even down to a Wilson moment. The story on the island was heart-warming, funny and examined some very insightful themes.
The difference from Cast Away and this film was the element of the girl on the mainland. It was not one of those feature film love stories by any means, but a chance to watch the personal journey of two tortured individuals.
I'm not entirely happy with the ending of the movie, but I don't know how it could have been improved. I think I would have liked there to be another 15 minutes to see what happens next. I'm not the type who likes to guess the futures of fictional characters. Filmmakers, you've taken me this far - why leave me dangling? Everything was spot on, but it stopped too early. That's what I've decided.
Sadly, there was no one on hand to represent the film and so there was no further insight into the film.
Can you tell it's near the end of the festival? My reviews are getting shorter and shorter. It's been a wonderful experience, but the combination of watching all of these films and living my life - I'm exhausted.
I would highly recommend this film. It was grrrrrrreat!

- picture courtesy of www.tiff09.ca

No comments: