It's amazing what pathways your mind tends to drift along. What items spark your curiosity and memory bank.
So, the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is coming up. I'd like to get tickets to Cassandra's Dream, by Woody Allen and Lust, Caution, by Ang Lee (partly due to other finds on the internet), but the online box office seems to show that tickets aren't available. I'm vaguely reminded about someone mentioning something about ticket packages. I try to find out more info, because I'm a little confused as to how it all works. My search somehow segues to a random article from Now Magazine. In this article, I come across the name Nicholas Mellamphy. It sounds so familiar...I google him thinking that I might come across something to confirm my hunch.
Googling shows that he's a stylist to the stars. No eureka yet.
You know, being a pack rat comes in handy. Yup, this guy hired me to work P/T Sales @ $8.25/hr at Club Monaco back in 2000. I remember liking him, not only because he hired me, but he was actually nice. Not a very common trait in CM managers (at least, back then). Soon after, he left to work at the Gucci store down the street on Bloor. At least, I'm assuming this is the same guy. Recent pictures (more googling) don't seem to help jog my memory.
I wonder where all the other Clubbers ended up.
No comments:
Post a Comment