- they've sold a lot of license plates in Ontario. I remember seeing A's starting off the plates. And not even AZ's or anything. I've seen quite a few BB's since I've been back
- lululemon has gotten even bigger than I remember. And it was pretty big. Yes, I get that they have nice bags. That their tops are really cute. That their pants suck you and and lift you at all the right places. That their stuff is really comfy and easy to clean. I get all that. Enough that I wandered into their store to check out their merchandise...but then I saw the price tags again, and I was appalled.
- Chinatown has started to cater a little bit more to the tourist. More writing in English, but only on kitchy trinkets and other goods that regulars may scoff at.
- they've added LEDs to the CN tower. I know that this is recent, but I had the privilege of seeing the tower lit up tonight. It was a weird purple and red combination. It wasn't too impressive, but I think that's because it wasn't completely dark out yet. I was a little disappointed with it. I still think that they should get it to sparkle regularly...like on the hour, every hour after dusk (comme la tour Eiffel, bien sur!) as opposed to just at midnight (at least that's what someone mentioned to me)
- Abercrombie&Fitch has opened up in Eaton's Centre and it makes me gag (see next post solely dedicated to this unbelievable store)
- Rudsak has opened on Queen St. West (and according to their website, in Sherway Gardens as well), and I will remain true to m0851. What confuses me is why, after all this time, there's still an overlap in their designs. The stole the ideas so many years ago and have been separate companies for awhile now. How do they keep producing the same styles? (Mind you, design stealing/copying/whatever you want to call it happens all the time.)
- they've added timers to pedestrian signals on street lights. What spurred this on? People crossing the street too slowly?
- a lot of shops have been opened/renovated. Gap on Queen St. West is new and pretty (and they're still using actresses as models). So is Umbra, just north of the former Caban store. And MEC. Club Monaco's changed their tags on their merchandise. I guess everything needs to evolve and get updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment