I know that LXD is old news, but I can't help but gush over it.
For awhile, it was only available to be watched in the US, but it seems as though others are able to enjoy it now (BEST NEWS EVER!!! Oh wait, it's a season behind - boo-urns.). Thank goodness, because I was about to royally complain about it here.
Obviously, I love the dancing of the LXD. But every time that I've seen them perform I'm really impressed at the story that ties everything together. And the music. It's not the typical hip-hop and other genres that are often associated with the styles of dance that are represented by the LXD, but something a lot more, well, cinematic.
I guess that's probably a great description of what the LXD does.
I know that the webisodes have a premise which makes it naturally cinematic, but just having a plotline and a filmmaker doesn't mean that you'll get such a result. It's nothing short of amazing, the stuff that they come up with.
If you haven't watched anything by the LXD, whether is be their webisodes (which I'm going to watch now, because I didn't realize that they were available for me), performances at events or even pieces that their choreographers have done for other dances, you'd better look into it. Just have some fun on google or youtube them and enjoy the show.
I have never been disappointed with anything that the LXD or their choreographers have been associated with, and I hope you won't either.
Droooooooooool.
No comments:
Post a Comment