Thursday, June 02, 2011

The new Rockets

One of the new Rockets swooshed by as I was waiting in for the subway today. It was "in-training" so all we could do was stand and ooh and aah at its presence. I'm quite excited for when they join the fleet in regular rotation. They looked a lot more sleek and modern from the outside, and the inside layout was quite similar to the ones that we have on the tracks now, but of course with that one really big difference in that it's one long car that passengers can freely walk around. No more car hopping necessary to get to that ideal location for a quick getaway to the stair/escalator!
It reminds me of the newer trains that I've ridden in (for example, here and here).
Here is a little bit more of a write up (including pictures) of the new trains.
Wheeee! I love metros!

No comments: