Thursday, January 01, 2009

Eating issues

So it seems I have this habit of eating everything on my plate.
My friends still marvel at how I managed to finish this plate of french toast at Atelier Thuet awhile back. This place popped up on my radar since reading about it here. They even mentioned the french toast. To my defense, it was really good.
Luckily, it hasn't affected me significantly in my life so far, but it is something that I'm now conscious of.
So, if you happen to serve me any food, please don't overload the plate.

I also find that if I eat a lot for a couple of days, I tend to not eat for a couple days afterwards. I'm pretty sure that this isn't healthy, but I just feel so full that I can't bring myself to eat. It's not that the thought of eating makes me sick, I'm just full and I don't tend to eat when I'm full (unless there's something on my plate). I discovered this eating issue when I was in Europe and taking advantage of eating local cuisine while traveling. I would often return to Neuch after eating some great stuff in a new locale and turn into a camel. Well, not really, because for me it's food, not water and also because it's just a myth that camels store water in their humps.

Another thing. I get the shakes if I don't get enough of the right nutrition in me. I may have eaten, but if I've only had stuff with no nutritional value, then I get shaky. Bagels and cereal are examples of non-nutritional foods.

No comments: