I need help in the fashion department.
Socks.
Colour. Style. Pattern. Texture.
I'm clueless.
And ladies fashion magazines don't help. Realistically, I can't wear tights or boots every day, so some days I will be traipsing about in footwear where my socks will be visible. And I don't know how to 'make it work'. And of course, we're just talking the times before/after I'm able to switch into footwear that doesn't need socks at all. There are certain days wear I am not able to make the switch at all. And I do need to invest in some additional non-boot footwear where my socks won't be visible, but don't get me started about how difficult it is for me to find a pair of shoes that I am willing to purchase. Knowing me, I'm over thinking this to the max, but the bottom line is that I need to know what kind of socks to wear when I'm wearing footwear in which my socks are visible.
Gentlemen, you are my inspiration. As much as I like a flowy skirt and getting glammed up in a dress, I also subscribe to androgynous fashion. And as I said, I don't think women really know what they're doing when it comes to my dilemma so I have to turn to the boys for this one. Pitti Uomo just finished up last week and it never lets me down. The pictures that I've seen are amazing. The spotlight is now on Milan, so there's more for me to learn from there.
Honestly, I think my bigger dilemma is that the style that I would love to subscribe to doesn't work for the climate that I live in and the lifestyle that I lead. And that maybe I'm just not gutsy enough to make it happen.
But the fact still remains, I don't know what to do about socks.
No comments:
Post a Comment