Saturday, May 12, 2018

Isle of Dogs

http://www.isleofdogsmovie.com/
I recently went to see Isle of Dogs, the newest (animated) film by Wes Anderson. I'm quite late to the Wes Anderson game. The first film of his that I saw was Grand Budapest Hotel. Afterwards, I went back in time and watched a couple other films of his and really enjoy the whimsical style with interesting character artists.
When I saw the trailer for Isle of Dogs, I knew I'd probably enjoy it. I was right.
The film takes place 20 years into the future in Japan. After an outbreak of canine flu, all dogs have been exiled to Trash Island. A young human ventures to the island in search of his trusty four-legged companion and some of the exiled pups help out.
It's hard for me to describe why I liked the film. I know that I enjoyed the soundtrack. I thought the animation was good. I enjoyed the quirky nature of the film. I liked the heart and life that the characters (canine and otherwise) had.
I think I'm going to fall down the rabbit hole of youtube now. Watch some Q&As and such to appreciate the film even more.

Picture courtesy of www.isleofdogsmovie.com

No comments: