Monday, October 01, 2018

Cremeux (le) Kaltbach

The cheese sampling still continues. I seem to have settled into hard cheese. Although I started with brie and for some reason thought that "real cheese" was supposed to be soft and slightly stinky, I'm now at a point where I'm going to keep trying different things, but I kind of have a "type" that I like, so why not stay in the same vein for awhile? Actually, what I've tried to do recently is buy one hard and one soft cheese each time, but once in the shop, it's hard for me to actually take the plunge if when tasting, it just seems to make sense to buy things that immediately taste better to me.
Anyway, I seem to like creamy cheeses. For the hard cheeses, there's more of a variety that I like. Salty, nutty, fruity...I don't seem to like the cheeses that are a little sour.

Anyway, This time, I got Cremeux (le) Kaltbach. A Swiss cheese, the Kaltbach is quite mild, but creamy. It's pretty nondescript otherwise. I guess some might find it a little boring, but for me, it's an easy cheese to have with bread. Maybe add tomato and/or salad. I just imagine adding this to my traditional picnic repertoire.

No comments: