Monday, May 09, 2005

Another movie

Last night, I watched Ray. I didn’t know anything about Ray Charles’ life, except for that he was an incredible musician. I was also expecting great things from Jamie Foxx, as I knew he won the Academy Award for this film.
Wow, his life was incredible. I didn’t like the character for basically all of the movie, and I wished that the movie continued on to show more of Ray Charles’ life. More of the stuff closer to present day. More of the stuff after some of the hardships.
I was impressed at Jamie Foxx’s amazing ability to portray Ray’s character. The mannerisms, the whole fact that he had to portray someone with a disability, and of course there’s the whole thing about the piano playing. I love when actors have amazing hidden talents that you never would have suspected. I mean, going to college on a piano scholarship?!? Coolio.
It was a pretty good movie all in all (I’m too picky). The acting was great, but I didn’t like the graphics that they put in every so often. I also felt like it dragged a little bit (could have been the state of mind I was in at the time I was watching it). Like it was going on too much about the same themes. But at the same time, as mentioned before, I wish it would have continued on longer. LOVED the character portrayal. Great casting for all parts. Liked certain nuances, like the fading in slowly from blackout when the sound of the new scene has started (like being blind).
Sorry for the vagueness. I’m trying not to ruin anything for those few who haven’t seen it yet. If you’re one of those people, change that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a-hey cronch.

one of my co-workers just got a b-b-b-bunch of loot for his daughter (6 weeks). He got the full Mr. Men book set (in a bus box), full Little Miss set (also bus box), full Little Miss and Mr. Men DVDs, and the full Peter Rabbit book set.