Forget the standards of BBQ and Sour Cream and Onion, Europe definetely has some unique flavours when it comes to chips/crisps:
Much like with carbonated beverages, I am a sampler. I think it's important to try everything at least once (sometimes it works out and you try something really really good, other times it's crappy - see some previous posts - and you just end up spending a LOT of money on plain, oh okay, refreshing, fresh alp glacier water).
For instance:
In Switzerland:
(of course there's regular chips)
Paprika replaces BBQ
Provence replaces Sour Cream and Onion
and then there's
Bacon
Roasted Chicken
Doritos:
Americano replaces Cool Ranch
(the standard Nachos Cheese)
Mexican Taco
there's some other ones, but I forget what they are
England was kooky:
(regular)
Walkers Nobby's Thick Ridge Cut Chip Shop - Salt 'n' Vinegar
Walker's Sensations - Slow Roasted Lamb and Mint
Walker's Sensations - Thai Sweet Chili
The Real McCoy's Ridge Cut Potato Chips Specials - Thai Sweet Chicken
Walker's Sensations - Oven Roasted Chicken and Thyme
Walker's - Cheese & Onion
Walker's - Prawn Cocktail
I saw but didn't try:
Walker's Sensations - Four Cheese and Red Onion
Walker's Sensations Oriental Crackers - Peking Spare Rib & Five Spice
Walker's Sensations Oriental Crackers - Tangy Malaysian Chutney
The Real McCoy's Specials - Peppered Rib Eye Steak
Everything tasted as they should have. Except the Prawn Cocktail. That one tasted a bit like Ketchup chips. So I didn't like the lamb one, because I don't like the taste of lamb. It was so weird...they've got the flavours down to a T...which is also a little bit weird that they can pack a whole meat and veggie thing into a seasoning.
The ridge cut chips were so good. They were really thick chips, so you felt like you were really getting a lot in your tummy. You could say that they were hearty chips.
Please visit:
Walker's Sensations for other ingenius flavours. Or why not just visit Walker's in general. It's astounding! (I wonder if these flavours would fly in Canada?)
No comments:
Post a Comment