I saw this movie in Belfast and was the first movie in a long time that I saw in English without having to be distracted by subtitles and such.Domino is about Domino Harvey, daughter to British actor Laurence Harvey and supermodel Paulene Stone. Played by Keira Knightly, who is in almost every movie out right now, I have to admit that I didn’t quite enjoy this movie.
Okay, I fell asleep for part of it. This doesn’t necessarily mean that I thought that the movie was boring, but I was REALLY tired. As soon as I sat down to watch the movie, I was ready to fall asleep…and I guess I did. Not for very long I don’t think. Maybe 15 minutes or so.
I was really distracted by all of the bright lights and changing colours and loud sounds. I can’t even really describe much about this movie, I guess meaning that I didn’t really enjoy it much. It felt like the movie was trying too hard to be an artsy movie, but it just got really annoying.
The film includes a cameo by the real Domino Harvey, who committed suicide soon after the movie was made. Coincidence? I wonder.
Well, this was a disappointing "review" about the movie. I don’t think I could do any better seeing as how I don’t really remember much about the movie itself. I must say that I cannot recommend this movie.
-picture courtesy of www.dominomovie.com
No comments:
Post a Comment