Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The World Cup

Since I'm here in Europe, one would expect that the World Cup would be a pretty big deal...and I guess it is. Doesn't mean that I'm less apathetic about the whole thing though.
I did care enough to join the Swiss in downtown Neuch last night at the big tent that was set up with big screens and stuff showing the games. The Switzerland vs. France game was on, and since there's a pretty big rivalry between these two countries (at least from the Swiss' point of view), I figured it might be interesting to watch (the really good weather didn't hurt either).
Anyway, the game ended in a draw (0-0)...which the Swiss were QUITE happy with. I still don't really care much for the game, but it was pretty fun being in the middle of everything and seeing everyone's reactions to all the different things in the game.
I'm sure I'll watch another game sometime soon...in the meantime...report cards!!

No comments: