Friday, November 17, 2006

Helsinki, Finland (June 8th-11th, 2006)

Yes...this post is WAY overdue...here's a couple pictures for now, and I'll add commentary later if I get the chance.
All I'll say right now was that it was a FAB trip...would highly recommend.









The City Hall in Helsinki.


Jean Sibelius is a Finnish composer. This is a monument built for him:















Apparently they eat them too.








Love this store. Not really into the clothing, but the homeware and accessories are fab. I bought a BOLD bag (of course). I love it.




Church built into a rock.








Someone famous is buried here...I forget who. Oops.




On Suomenlinna, there was a group of students hanging out...I swear they looked like they were straight out of Hogwarts...it was a little bizarro becuase I doubt school children actually dress like that in Finland.





Took an afternoon/early evening trip to Talinn, Estonia (1.5 hour boat ride from Helsinki). Another country to add to the list...and a really neat visit!






There was a huge Russian Orthodox church there. I haven't gone to Russia yet (fingers crossed that I can go this year), but this church is exactly what I always thought Russian churches looked like.

No comments: