I just came from working at the official Free Program practices for the Neuchatel Trophy. I've got a little while before the competition starts, so I'm going to do a little work and then wander downtown Neuch (which I haven't done in MONTHS - at least on a weekend).
I just have to say that if Paradise, from Russia doesn't win this competition by a landslide, then something's wrong with the world. Well, unless they pull out or they get on the ice and prance around for no reason. But they're Russian. They'll never do anything weird.
Anyone who can get 16 girls to rotate camel spins at the same time is pretty amazing. Sure, Harem, by Sarah Brightman is an overused piece of music, but it's perfect for this team.
Frig, when the girls get on the ice, individually, they do Russian stroking (why is it called Russian stroking anyway?) around the rink once forward, then backwards and then do backspins...you know they mean business and they actually know how to skate. It's like a freakin free skate warm-up.
I mean, after the short program, they've got 71.something points and the second place team has 53 or something. And the fact that the second placed team is one of the Swiss teams just shows how lacking this competition is in great teams. Nothing against the Swiss team, they're okay and all...but that's exactly it. They're just ok.
All I want to see is the Russian team tonight. Ok, that's a lie, I need to watch the two Swiss teams just to satisfy a certain something, but its the Russians that will actually make me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment