Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tidbits

I am actually working on getting the following updates prepared:
- Croatia
- Stockholm
- moments in Zermatt
- Normandy
- Madrid

Some other random things to make this space a little bit less void:
- renfe is much better than the TGV. In a 2.5hr trip, headphones were handed out where passengers could listen to 4 different radio stations or tune into the movie that was being shown. This was in first and second class. First class served a really good meal and offered reading options. Unfortunately they were all in Spanish.
- Poppies do exist in real life. I've only seen them in the past couple of months. The petals are much more like the pieces of paper dropped at Menin Gate on November 11th than the pins often worn on the same day.
- Yesterday, the temperature in Neuch was, oh, I don't know, around 5degree I would guess. Whatever it was, it was cold enough that it snowed in a couple parts of the country. On the flip side, today it's a balmy ~20degrees.
- I'm stocking up on European fashion while I can and took full advantage on great prices in Spain. If my sources are correct, Canada isn't that cheap afterall.
- Packing is annoying and tedious. It's stressful and it makes me face facts that I don't want to face for a couple more months.
- I am going to try to run 10k tonight. I will regret it if I don't. I will be in extreme pain tomorrow, but hopefully I will also feel proud of myself. I hate running.
- Walking on the Normandy beaches makes a first generation Canadian proud to be Canadian.
- There is a strong negative correlation between students who have gotten into their university of choice and attendance/participation/enthusiasm/good manners in class.
- I'm tired.
- I own a Burberry trench.
- Mont. St. Michel is straight out of a fairy tale.
- I'm caught up on Grey's Anatomy.
- You must claim items greater then 300CHF when entering Switzerland.
- The bullfighting festival at Las Ventas is not only for tourists.

No comments: