Having a day off is great.
Having errands to do is better, because it forces me to leave my place. A "day off" means I'm not scheduled to work somewhere else but that doesn't mean that I don't have work that I could (should?) be doing at home.
Anyway, after a little sleep in which my body has been desperately begging for (I think my body is past the fitness testing pain, but now it's in the we-had-circuit-training-at-the-gym-yesterday-pain phase) I got my stuff together and ventured out into the sunlight.
It was wonderful.
I walked. I people watched. I window shopped.
I walked through Nathan Phillips Square (the sound of the water fountain was calming) and noticed a photo exhibition. I thought it was related to the current CONTACT exhibition that's going on in the city, but it was a separate exhibition about those touched by cancer. I thought it was quite well done, each photo accompanied by a blurb linking the photograph to cancer in some way. I think it was the first time that I can remember that I stared at a woman who'd had a mastectomy for a long time. I appreciate the chance to see things up close and personal that many people fear or don't like to talk about.
I walked west on Queen Street West and ventured into the CONTACT exhibition at Red Bull 381 Projects. I suppose I understand the appeal of the 1st Place Winner of the HP Jury Prize, but I personally liked the 2nd and 3rd Place Winners better. There are some other nice photos on display as well. At this venue, HP is also providing a free print of one of your digital photos (bring on CD or USB). Tomorrow is the last day...hours are 11.00-16.00. Hopefully I will be able to narrow down my huge pile of favs to get my own print!
No comments:
Post a Comment