I watched Planet B-Boy.It was on my list of movies to see during Hot Docs, but the timing didn't work out right. It ended up getting 2nd place in the Audience Choice Award, so it must have been good.
I found out that it was playing in the city, so I immediate made plans to see it. I didn't want to miss it the second time around.
The trailer looked awesome.
I have to say, while the movie was good, it wasn't compelling.
I could follow that the director wanted to create a little bit of a storyline on top of the fact that there were crews gunning to be the best in the world, but it was very minimally flushed out. For full props, I would have wanted not only crazy-cool breaking (OMG - I was flipping out...these people were sick!) but also that extra oomph. The background of the genre was sufficient, but more about the journey and impetus for each of the crews and their members would make it worthy of the hype.
Still a nice way to see some high-calibre breaking. I forgot how much I love watching this art-form.
-picture courtesy of www.planetbboy.com
No comments:
Post a Comment