Friday, February 26, 2010

Growth

I put mustard on my sandwich for lunch today. I liked it.
So, six years ago, when I made a conscious decision to force myself to eat this stuff that just tasted weird (I had the advantage that it way everywhere and on almost everything that I ate) in hopes that I would get used to the taste, little did I know how effective my actions would be.
Granted, I perhaps never liked mustard prior to my European adventure because I had only encountered the canary yellow French's variety. While abroad, I only had fancy mustards.
So what does that make me? A mustard snob?
Anyway, point is, perseverance pays off? It hasn't quite worked out so well with olives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the potential for olives is there. I did the same thing with licorice jellybeans back in the day. I learned that they were pretty much always the last ones to be eaten and noone particularly liked them so I could always get as many as I wanted (at least in the weeks following Hallowe'en). Life is much more enjoyable when you can the things you want most readily. Same thing with olives. Though that was just because they're free for your sub and being Chinese, how can I turn away free food?

Sarah J. said...

No, I think I'm with you on the anti-olives front. They smell so bad when you pass by their cart in the grocery store and the taste can only be described as resembling smelly feet inside a dirty car, with salt.