I was going to see my last Hot Doc this morning. Fail. So, unless I bail on some of my other commitments or spend some hard earned cash, I'll stand at a grand total of three measly docs for this year. Double boo.
It's too bad because I really really wanted to see today's doc: Kings of Pastry (official website here). I mean, who wouldn't want to watch a doc about chefs competing in a dessert competition?
None of the other shows that I saw were rush when I arrived to the box office the day of to snag a ticket...of course this one was. The box office at the venue doesn't open until an hour before the first screening of the day, and as this was the first show, I didn't have the advantage of extra time before the screening to wait for rush tickets. As I arrived in time for the box office to open, I saw the rush line already snaked around the block. This was a rush line of TIFF proportions. Heck, this rush line was of TIFF ticket holder line proportions. I joined the end of the line knowing my chances were slim, but I figured that I was there, I could bask in the sun and get some reading done at the same time.
I'd say, between 20-40 rushers ended up getting into the screening. I was probably at 75-100. In total, there were between 150-175 rushers hoping to snag a seat.
The consolation for not getting into the showing was a voucher for a free ticket for any daytime screening. Great gesture, and I'm wondering why they did it. I mean it's our fault that we didn't buy tickets in advance. That's the whole point of a rush line. You know you're taking a chance and may not be getting into the screening. Seeing as how it won't come in handy, if someone wants to have the voucher, let me know ASAP.
Should I be happy that I now have two extra hours in my day? Nope. I wanted to watch that doc! And I also want to eat pastries. Super whammy.
No comments:
Post a Comment