I love packing. I love it because it usually means that I'm going somewhere. I love traveling. I love planes. I love trains. I love hotels. I love gathering all of things that I need to make the trip as amazing as I imagine it's going to be. I've packed enough times that I've got a routine. It's very methodical. Very.
I even love packing for a big move. It can be a little stressful, but I still enjoy going through all of my things. Reminiscing and then thinking ahead to how great the move will be. Except when something gets misplaced along the way. I'm usually really good at remembering where I put everything. And I mean everything. I can tell you exactly which pile or junk, or in which obscure drawer I have carefully filed something in. This time I'm totally confused. I've already gone through a couple frenzies to no avail. I can't find my passport circa my European bonanza. I'm devastated. I also can't find a black hoodie from Bershka (purchased in Athens - see, very detailed memory of bizarre things), but that definitely wasn't lost in the most recent move. I lost it somewhere between Fall 2008-Spring 2009. I remember the last place that I wore it, but I can't figure out what happened to it since then.
Anyway, even with my love-fest I sometimes have difficulties. It's very difficult to pack a weekend's worth of winter clothing when it's bloody hot outside. Last time I packed my not-so-winter coat which was the wrong move. This time, I'm taking no chances. I dug my coat out of the dry cleaning bag it's been in since last season ended and tossed in my Burberry scarf for good measure. The new season has started and I'm ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment