Although the front room was completely empty (I was later assured that this front room is just the overspill room and that they like to put their patrons in the back - which was nicer - and even on the second level), I got a really good vibe from this place as soon as I took my seat at the table.
Globe Bistro is one of those restaurants that does the local thing and it was lovely. I'm a sucker for good plating and good service, so Globe had more points going for them. Okay, so the service was good, but it wasn't exceptional. But good is still better than mediocre.
The food was nice. I think all of it was good, but it wasn't mind blowing. The elk was actually quite tasty, and the tobacco smoked beef tasted, well, porky. I was told that my porky reference should actually be an association to bacon and those smoked hams from my youth. The appetizers and dessert were also good, but again not anything special.
It was also pointed out to me that the space used to be a bowling alley and they they repurposed the lanes for flooring. In fact, many other patrons were noticing it was they walked by our table, pointing out the arrows by their feet.
Anyway, I thought that the restaurant was quite nice. Decent price point for the food, ambiance and service that you get. Like I said, I had a good feeling about this place right from the get go. I would definitely go back.
Price point: mid-range
Ambiance: 4/5
Food: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Would return again: yes
No comments:
Post a Comment