Yesterday, I was part of the academic procession for one of our faculty's convocations. It was a wonderful ceremony, with some well written and delivered speeches, fun whooping and hollering, and a fair share of selfies. The Honourary Graduand was superbly chosen having received degrees from both faculties in attendance and not only is he a superstar himself, the fellow who introduced him is another icon of the university and the nation. And our ceremony probably had the best singing of the national anthem, thanks to the faculty that we were matched up with. Score.
It's nice to see students make that walk across the stage. To see their excitement and joy, to meet their support team and hear about upcoming adventures.
It was an enjoyable afternoon and very much a full circle situation having walked across the stage myself (again) just last year. That ceremony last year was the final piece in the puzzle to confirm that I really had ticked that box off my life list. And I think I needed yesterday's ceremony to tick yet another box for me to bring this part of my life to closure and be able to move forward to the next era. With mixed emotions, I move forward, but I will continue to remind myself how awesome my life truly is.
Oh, and speaking of eras gone by, I saw a student from my CH days on the Conan show. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment