Heading back 'home' on another swanky train ride. This train is a little older so the set up is a little different, but the drink cart still rolls by just as frequently.
They just turned off the cabin lights (or whatever you'd call the equivalent in a train) and literally a second later, you see everyone's hand reach up to turn their reading lamp on. I wasn't sure if the delay was people taking a moment to think "What's up with that?!?" or just the time that it takes to send a signal from your brain to your arm. I'd say 95% of the people in this car are on their laptop or iPad and the other 5% are reading an actual book or the newspaper.
The percentage will hopefully change a bit once they bring food out (soon - I can smell it!) or afterwards when I create a new category (people who as asleep). I'm pretty tired.
Anyway, I found it incredibly amusing to see all of those lights being turned on like that.
P.S. Quebec City is beautiful. Hopefully I'll have a chance to return to really see the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment