Remember how I talked about the ice yesterday and needing to figure out proper footwear?
Well it was super cold last night and this morning, so everything froze.
It was uber entertaining getting to work this morning. Maybe a little scary, but you've got to laugh at it, right?
I almost wiped out a couple of times and just ended up gliding down some hills. Going up the hill to work was a little less scary than I thought. I bet I'm going to eat my words one day, though.
I've realized that I have to build in extra time into my commute because I'm usually a speed walker and well, with ice you have to inch your way forward or just shuffle along. My mega strides and super fast steps won't work anymore.
So I continued to think about what would be the best footwear for this kind of terrain, and I'm not sure of the answer. And I was also thinking about accessories. I need to invest in a hat with this cold. And a backpack. I think it might be a little safer than a cross-body or shoulder bag. You know, to keep the hands free to maintain good balance.
Ha ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment