Sunday, February 06, 2005

My skiing tidbits

Written Saturday, February 05, 2005 @ 10:29pm

1. It sucks to ski when you can’t make out the texture/consistency of the snow. You have to rely on quick reflexes and skiing skills, because you don’t know when you’re going to hit ice, a bump, powder, etc. You don’t even really know where the ground is and where you can dig into.

2. Skiing in the shade is darn cold. And the sun makes it easier to see the ground.

3. Zermatt doesn’t believe in moguls. They flatten them out if they start to appear.

4. My style of skiing is quick turns as opposed to wide swooping turns. I think it’s the skater in me. I seem to really carve on my turns to slow myself down and gain control. Like I’m digging into the ice.

5. I don’t like to go too fast.

No comments: