Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What do I miss?

Lately, I've been wondering if there's anything that I really miss about home. Sure, the friends and family thing is obvious, but what about the other random stuff?
I've got some people coming to visit that keep asking me what it is that I miss most, that they can bring for me, and I'm drawing blanks.
Keep in mind, that I'm fully stocked up with canned/dried Chinese food items and maple syrup.
I'm really trying hard to think of stuff, but it's not working out too well. Is there really nothing so Canadian, that I can't think of something to add to my list?
The above is a little misleading. I mean, I DO miss stuff, but it seems that everything that I miss can't really be packed up in a suitcase and brought over for me.

Any suggestions of things that I might be forgetting about? (Maybe I haven't seen the stuff in 6 months, so I don't even remember that it exists.)

Let's see: (in no particular order)
1. White hot chocolates from Second Cup. "Skim milk, no whip". Especially from the location across from the ROM. (Yes, I know that they have the mix, but it's just not the same.)
2. Club Monaco/Caban
3. Bloor St.
4. That special tofu/fish dish from Sang Ho on Dundas
5. Mom's "sour and spicy" fish dish
6. Seafood in general (well, except for moules...I've had plenty of that)
7. Tofu
8. Skating at the Galaxy
9. Judging
10. Driving

No comments: