Thursday, August 18, 2005

Broken Flowers

On Tuesday night I went to see Broken Flowers.
I'd seen the trailer and thought that it would be interesting. I figured it'd be the type of movie that I'd probably enjoy, although maybe I should have been tipped off on the fact that it was very "Lost in Translation"-esque, and I wasn't sure what I thought about that one.
Anyway, I guess there were some funny moments in the movie, however I left with the feeling that I had missed something. That I didn't "get it" or something. I think it was because I felt that it was unfinished. I didn't like the ending. Although the way that it ended (I don't mean in the story line, but how the very very end - before the credits started rolling - was shot) was dfinetely a groaner. As soon as it happened...just...ugh. I also felt like the plot line or "funny factors" faded as the movie went on. The beginning was much more interesting than the end. There was a moment that I actually wanted to check watch to see how much more of the movie there was left to go (to give me an idea of how much more of the plot needed to be developed), but I didn't get the nerve to do it, and surprisingly (because I started to feel that it was dragging) it ended soon after.
I don't know. It was okay I guess, but I wouldn't add it to my list of favorite movies of all time, that's for sure, but I think I'd recommend it. Just because it's not your typical Hollywood flick.

-picture courtesy of www.rottentomatoes.com

No comments: