Up until today, Greg's on Bloor Street has been my favorite "cold treat" place to go to by a long shot, however tonight proved Hollywood Gelato worthy enough to creep closer to that coveted pole position. It wasn't my first trip to Hollywood Gelato, but I think that I've finally realised that although chocolate/fudge/caramel/nut/marshmallow/everything-but-the-kitchen-sink gelato sounds cool and excting, fruit flavoured gelato really is the way to go. Hollywood Gelato isn't quite as tacky as it used to be. They've changed the design of the logo and updated the faded pinks, blues and greens with brownish-orange colours. Of course they still have the bicycling chicken/duck thingy outside the store. I like the addition of coloured names and photos of "Today's Flavours" on the wall to prevent crowding near the counters (because the store's crowded enough already) and you've got to be impressed at how efficient the counter staff are at getting the customers paid and happily eating their gelato.Tonight I happily ate Key Lime Pie, Forest Berry and Mango. I would highly recommend all three options.
-picture courtesy of www.yummybaguette.com
1 comment:
we went to Greg's the other night and got Sweet Cream and Lemon Meringue. We did sample the Roasted Marshmallow but decided not to get it because we had already decided on the Sweet Cream and we thought they would be too similar.
Post a Comment