Thursday, August 18, 2005

Little Earthquakes

Little Earthquakes, by Jennifer Weiner

The final installment in my summer of chick lit, this one definitely wasn't as airy as the Shopaholic series. This story line actually had some substance to it.
This book is about the interactions between four ladies who have recently been pregnant for the first time. The book takes place aver a span of a couple months, and tells each woman's story from their point of view. Each woman has a very different life and is going through varying degrees of adversity and their friendship helps each of the women to deal with their challenges and move ahead with their lives.
It took me awhile to read this book, not because it was difficult to read (my interest was held throughout), but because I read it in little snippets. I didn't really have a big chunk of time recently to sit down and just plow through a substantial amount at a time. Unlike other books I've read in the past, this wasn't a problem, because I could quickly get back into the book without dwelling on the fact that I didn't completely remember what has previously happened. The story flowed pretty easily so when you continued it would be pretty obvious what had just happened.
Anyway, I enjoyed the book. It was light (but not fluffy) and easy to read. The intertwining of the characters stories was interesting too.

-picture courtesy of www.chapters.indigo.ca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha cronch I just noticed you said you didn't have a big "chink" of time