During the Switzerland vs. France (0-0) game:
This was beside the huge tent that was set up downtown by the water. We got there too late to go into the tent (too packed), which was fine by me because although it wasn't too hot outside, the temperature inside
the tent was pretty bad. Sure, they had a super huge screen, but I wasn't really there to watch the game afterall, it was more for just being there and to watch the people who were watching the game. After the Switzerland vs. South Korea (2-0) game:
So this is downtown beside the university library (the building on the left of the picture). It was taken soon after the game had ended, and people had just started to assemble downtown. You can see some smoke in the right side of one of the
pictures...some people were setting off flares. The bus service was quite non-Swiss that night...you can probably see why as one of the buses was a little stuck amidst the crowd. There
was a person on the bus at one point too. As we were heading out from the area, we noticed that the police had blocked off all entranceways to the core area. Pedestrians could still come down and join the festivities, but cars couldn't. Of course that didn't stop them from driving around every other street nearby, honking horns, yelling, waving flags and such.I really love the tn. After every game, the screens in the buses which tell you the time, what line you're on, what the next stop is and other
transit announcements also added scores from the recent games and general positive sentiments toward the Swiss team. This message was on the screen on the outside of the bus after the England vs. Portugal game. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.The video footage is obviously a lot better because the sound is what really does it (I'm not daring enough to really get in people's faces to catch their expressions and stuff) but I don't know how to post it. I still don't really understand the point of physically leaving your house after the game to pack a bunch of people into you car and stick random limbs and body parts out the windows while often holding onto paraphernalia. Or just coming out of your house and standing by the side of the street wearing a jersey or waving a flag as people drive by. I guess it's only because I'm not a fanatic.
1 comment:
how big is the video? I might be able to host it.
Post a Comment