Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bergo

I just got back from Bergo. I don't believe that I have an ounce of interior design talent in me, but for some reason, I really appreciate it. I love the creativity in the pieces. The lines. The colours. The stuff is so slick. I think it would be really easy for me to accumulate things for the home. I started collecting items before I was earning my own paycheck (and that was a loooong time ago). I remember going through a phase of loving tumblers.
Anyway, I was in the store for a long time. Looking at every single item. Of course there were tons of things there that I would love to have or would love to give away as gifts (might as well spread the fabulousness).
Sentimental me loved seeing products from the design houses that I've come to love including Bodum, Alessi and Pylones. I even saw my Iittala vase which is still sitting in its paper and ribboned box.
What a great store.
You know, I realized that there are more and more of these stores that bring together the best of the best in a particular genre and don't just sell their own "label". As I was walking another store in the area, I was thinking how great it would be to be that person who's sole job is to shop and find the best and most sumptuous items. Yes, I know that this job exists, but I'm not ready to make a complete 360 in my life and go that route.

No comments: