I'm looking for a pair of black high-heeled boots that won't look odd if worn under pants (I'm not embracing the skinny jeans fad). An ankle boot is not sufficient for snowy days so those are definitely off of my list of potentials.
I am also searching for a black wool/cashmere coat.
Seeing as how it's end of season, I thought that maybe I'd get lucky and find the best items ever on sale. That, and I never had the chance to go shopping in the past 3 months. Or at least, I didn't make time for it.
Today, I did the Bloor Street circuit. I finally summoned the courage to go into the posh boutiques. Yes, I've talked about how it's completely normal to go into these stores in Europe regardless of what your look like and how much money you have, but Toronto and Torontonians are a little bit different.
Well, it's easy to predict the results. I found what I'm looking for in Hermes. They were beautiful. The boots were over $2000 and the coat was on a mannequin so I don't know how much it cost. I also fell in love with a bag (the fact that I love a bag isn't surprising, the fact that it's from Hermes is) and a beautiful hat as well. I was also pleasantly surprised at how politely I was treated in the store.
Louis Vuitton was a lot colder and I was ignored throughout the duration of my visit there. I was surprised that although blatantly ignored, I was left alone on the second floor with no sales staff or security guard present. There was a nice coat there as well (brown), but I wouldn't think of buying the coat cause, well, it's LV and I've always had a little bit of disliking for the ugly monogrammed items. The visits to the Champs Elysees store quickly made me realize that LV does produce some BEAUTIFUL clothes, but it's not like I'm considering getting them anyway. The coat was $2010 which I predict o be a lot more affordable than the Hermes.
I also ventured into Ports International and enjoyed some of the things I saw there. Actually, I was surprised at some of the designs. For some reason I thought it was more of a classic company.
No comments:
Post a Comment