Friday, July 31, 2009

Cold Stone Creamery

I've finally tried it.
I went into one of the three Canadian Tim Hortons locations that was testing out the famed frozen treat and immediately became confused.
So many ice creams, so many toppings, what's a girl to do!
I ended up getting cake batter with Butterfinger.
It was quite tasty, but nothing more than a glorified McFlurry or Blizzard. I do admit that there are more options for flavours (which I do appreciate), but in terms of the result, it's just about the same.
It was a little bit of a novelty watching them make my dessert. Scooping the ice cream with two metal paddles, putting it on the frosty marble slab, adding my portion of Butterfinger candy bar on top, cutting/smushing/mixing the Butterfinger with the ice cream and finally smearing the concoction into the cup.
In an attempt to use up my gift cards from Tim Hortons, I'll probably go back and create some other combinations. I mean, I might as well, since there's nothing else that I would regularly get from the company except for chocolate milk.
In a taste-off with other ice creams (Greg's, Greg's, Greg's!!!), Cold Stone Creamery would not win, but that's not to say that I don't enjoy it.

1 comment:

Sarah J. said...

Which Tim's was this? I'm all for ice cream, whenever I can get it :)