Awhile back, I went to the
AGO to check out the
Surreal Things exhibition. I remembered this exhibition from the
V&A Museum a

previous trip to London. At the time, I decided that I want to take advantage of the free admission to London museums so I didn't pay the admission to see the special exhibition. I was pretty happy to find out it was coming to the city, and included in the admission price.
The big Dali painting blew me away. The weirdness of it, the details, it was crazy. I also liked the jeweled lips and teeth.
We didn't really see too much of the rest of the gallery. We'd all seen it

before and none of us were too eager to stay a full day and overload on art. We did hang out in the beautiful open wooden atrium on the north side of the gallery and walked up the enclosed spiral staircase. It's such a great space and the AGO did such a fantastic job with the renovations. It was definitely worth the two year closure, in my mind. Well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment