Sunday, August 23, 2009

Today

After three weeks of getting up early-ish in the morning, I can't quite sleep in anymore. This is not a bad thing.
So, this morning, I had a couple extra hours to get odds and ends done before heading out for the day. I even made myself some breakfast. Oatmeal to be exact. I used to just eat two meals a day back when I slept in all the time. It's probably better for my system to be eating three meals a day again.
Went out for waffles at Starving Artist, this new trendy place in the Bloor/Lansdowne area. I'm not really sure why they decided to wafflise their bacon, but it tasted pretty good. I was expecting that my plate would have baconised waffles and then the normal bacon that comes with my order as well, but it turned out that my bacon was wafflised and I still had waffles with my order. It was a little much, but it was still tasty. Especially when doused with maple syrup.
On the way back home, I stopped off in Chinatown to get some groceries. The Toronto Chinatown Festival was going on, so I thought I'd wander around a little bit before loading up my shopping bag. I was really tempted to try the deep fried ice cream, but I was still full from brunch. Darn my slowing metabolism. I'd never seen it before and it looked kind of cool how they were globbing the crunchy ice cream on the marble slab. Oh, how I wanted to try it. Sigh.
After picking up my groceries, I hopped on the streetcar and somehow missed my stop. It was strange. There's always someone that gets off at my stop so I had just assumed that I would follow the crowd and someone else would ring the bell. By the time I realized that no one had rung the bell, it was too late. Ooops. Oh well, I got to watch a plane landing on the island because of it.
Oh, and I have at least 7 different mosquito bites from last night. Gross.

No comments: