Sunday, April 11, 2010

some sort of payoff

I spend a lot of time in a skating rink. This time, it came in handy.
After not getting my ankle checked out properly (well, I did have two doctors with me when I injured myself and I did go to an herbal specialist soon afterwards for the brown, smelly goopey stuff), I decided to take advantage of the athletic, medical specialist on site and got a thorough inspection of my ankle.
Not the best news. I mean, I kind of knew what to expect, but to hear that I really had to take it easy means that I'm outright defying someone's recommendations.
Anyway, I sprained it badly. Second degree. Hurt my second and third ligament, but I didn't fracture anything. Phew. I rolled my ankle to the outside badly enough though, that I bruised my ankle bone on in inside part of my foot. Bone on bone contact. Nice.
Minimum of 6 weeks.
That's a long time.

No comments: